Saturday, December 26, 2009

quietude pt. 2

Today is the first day I haven't had to rest after going up the stairs.
Today is the first day I haven't been out of breath in the shower.
Today is the first day I felt like getting out of bed.
Today is the first day I thought about going out of the house.
I've had pneumonia.

Pneumonia is ridiculous. For the past week I've had such a hard time breathing, it almost defies words. When you know you are getting better because your breathing time at the top of the stairs is much less than yesterday, that's pneumonia. When you have to do breathing exercises just to stop coughing and take a breath, that's pneumonia. I have to say, I'm not a big fan.

Last night it occurred to me that I am really grateful for many things, and breathing is on the top of the list. Family is just above breathing. They've been taking care of me for the past few days, and it has been nice to have a little help. I would be lost without family, and am very lucky to have the family I do.

If you can avoid pneumonia, please do. Breathing is important.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment