Friday, March 26, 2010

a new model

My parents used to joke when I was little that they were going to send me back and get a new model, like you can do with a car. Well, I'm ready to do this with my lungs. So frustrated...

In December I got pneumonia. 2nd time in 2 years. Now I have bronchitis, and had to go to the Dr. today and get on meds again. Not even 3 months later, and I can't get my lungs to work right.

What is it going to take? Can I get a lung transplant?

OK, rant over. My friend Bill just got out of the hospital yesterday, and had a really tough go of it. He had surgery to take out a "carcinoid", then when they took out the epidural he threw up for several days and coudn't keep any food down.

He's home now, and doing better, so I guess I don't have that much to complain about. I choose to be thanful that my lungs are working at all, thankful that I don't have to be on oxygen all the time, thankful that there are cheap, easy-to-take meds that will fix my issues.

Glad you're home Bill.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment