Thursday, May 13, 2010

wwrd?

I just want to publicly say how much I appreciate Rachel Anne and her Home Sanctuary blog and e-mails: http://www.homesanctuary.com

This week I was disgusted with my house, and how unorganized and unclean it has gotten. Now, if you came over, I don't know if it would leap out at you, but I see it. And I hate it. To be fair, I had a huge trip a week ago, and a 3 hour rehearsal this past Monday night, and a concert Tuesday night, blah, blah, blah. So I don't think I've been shirking my house-ly duties, but in any case, I still hate it.

So, this week I was walking around the house and literally thought, "What would Rachel do?"

And I applied some minimum maintenance to my house. I worked for 15 minutes, and it totally made me feel better. I got some cleaning and straightening done, and was able to have a nice evening without feeling guilty. Plus, there's some kitchen table I couldn't see before and now I can. And my upstairs bathroom got some love too - a clean toilet makes a huge difference!

Anyway, I appreciate her. I appreciate that she give me a place to start when I feel overwhelmed. And that gives me the motivation to dive in this Saturday and really get down to business.

Thanks Rachel Anne!
K

2 comments:

  1. A little can go a long way. It doesn't have to be perfect, but doing something makes a difference. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story inspires me. I often lack the motivation I need to make progress. Hope tomorrow goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete