Saturday, December 17, 2011

one reason i love my job

This is a picture of something I received from a student this week:

In case you can't read what it says, here's a translation:

"Dear Mrs. Edwards, We made a paper chain with links that name people we care about and want to pray for. We prayed for you today! Here's your own link. A Merry Christmas to you! Love, the _____ family. "

And then of course is the drawing of the manger with the "Hark! the herald angels sing" above it.

I just want to say that I really enjoy the time I get to spend with my students. I enjoy the accomplishments we make together, like singing some great music or putting on a great concert. I really enjoy having the summers off. But this is definitely the best part of my job.

Getting these little missives of love is the thing I enjoy most about my job.

It warms my heart to know that this family prayed for me. And it blesses me even more to get this letter from one of my sweet second graders.


What a privilege is it to touch the hearts of sweet kids, and to be a part of their lives.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment