Friday, January 18, 2013

delight

Today I am delighting in the little things.

Today we have a jean day at work. I know, it really is a little thing, but wearing jeans and tennis shoes really does make my heart a little happier.

Today I wrote a bunch of thank-you cards to my students. I received a TON of christmas presents, and I practiced gratitude for each and every one of them. Today I delivered the last of the thank-you cards. I'm grateful for the presents, but also grateful that the writing is over. :)

The PTO bought us  Keurig coffee system for school, so today I walked up to the workroom and made a delicious cup of coffee.

I have been doing Weight Watchers for the past couple months, and have had some difficulties in knowing where to eat out. Today was another small victory on that front: I had breakfast at Chick-Fil-A. Not only am I grateful for Chick-Fil-A, but that I figured out how to have breakfast there and not ruin my points for the rest of the day. I'm pretty proud of myself for that one.

Yesterday I had a laugh with a co-worker about something cute my nephew said at work. I'm grateful that I get to see him every day, and that my friends and co-workers get to enjoy him too.

Last night, my Mom called and asked if I wanted to meet up for dinner tonight. I'm grateful for a great relationship with my parents.

There really is SO much to be thankful for, both big and small.
Thankfully yours,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment