Friday, January 22, 2010

one old friend and two new ones

I had such a nice time tonight.

When I used to live across the country, I had a roommate at one point. His name is Micah. We lived together for about 2 years, and aside from his inability to get his dirty dishes into the dishwasher, he really was a good roommate. Good person, nice to be around, and we got along well. Micah is a cyclist, and since I've known him has worked for either a professional cycling team, or a cycling events promoter. Several times I worked bicycle races with him and had a really good time even though I am the farthest from a cyclist than anybody.

A couple months ago, I was at a college football game watching party, and everyone was introducing each other. Sam said he worked at USA Cycling. Since Micah is into cycling, I asked if he knew Micah through his cycling connections. And Sam said..."Yeah. He's moving here next month." I was floored.

Long story short, we tried to meet up for awhile, but tonight he and his family came over. I got to meet his wife, and his 4 year-old daughter. We had a great time talking, catching up, and playing CandyLand (for the 4 year-old).

It was such fun to catch up with someone I knew 12 years ago, and to just spend time talking. I never thought that it would be so nice to gain a friend that I hadn't talked to in 12 years, but it was great. I guess we were really friends, and not just roommates.

And I won a game of CandyLand. :)
K

No comments:

Post a Comment