Thursday, August 5, 2010

my fortune

I got Chinese food for dinner last night.

Nothing weird about that - there's an Asian restaurant near my house that makes Chinese and Vietnamese food, and I wanted to try it. It was good, even though I got the same thing I always get. Dialogue in my head, while standing at the counter, looking at the menu:

"I really should try something different."

"Ooooh, that looks good."

"THAT looks really good."

"Maybe I should try the Pho - I've heard that's tasty."

"Well, I can't decide, so I guess I'll get the same thing as always."

...

It's sad. Really sad.



Anyway, I'm a little off topic.
Last night, after finishing dinner, I opened the fortune cookie. My fortune said..."Practice an attitude of gratitude."

Now I think this is a really weird fortune, but I think it is fabulous advice.

I'm going to take it to heart. I'm not sure how well I will practice an attitude of gratitude next week when I have to go back to school, but I am going to try. I'm going to put this little fortune on my desk as a reminder that I should be grateful for all the wonderful things in my life.

This is one fortune that will have an impact on my life.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment