Thursday, January 13, 2011

clean

My front step was clean.

Recently, we had some snow. Since the temperature sat below freezing for a couple days, the snow never melted. My front step was covered in snow, except the small area that I shovelled so I could get out to my garage and get to work.

Today when I came home, the sun had come out and melted the days old snow on my front step.

My front step is now clean.

As I unlocked the door and headed inside, a brief thought flitted through my brain: this is kind of like how God works in our hearts. He shines the sun on us, and it gently sweeps away the stuff that we have left sitting around our lives for the past who knows how long. As welcome as my clean front step was, it was beautiful to see a picture of how God works. And amazing to think that He can sweep away the junk that we hold on to, the stuff that we cover ourselves in. The blanket of snow that has hung around for the past week.

Just was thinking about that heartening picture, and how happy He must be when we can open our hearts up to Him. When the snow is gone.

Here's to letting Him clean up a little.
K

6 comments:

  1. love this thought. love you. hope this weekend is fantastic and I'l miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great illustration! Amazing how He can use the simplest of things in our lives. Enjoyed stopping by today. Blessings to you for a beautiful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How grateful I am for a God who comes in a cleans me up! Boy do I need it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how God reveals His truths to us in everyday things. Enjoyed your post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful thought. A great reminder of how awesome our Savior is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful picture God gave you about how He "cleans up" our hearts. He's just waiting on the front porch for us to invite Him in. :)

    Blessings!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete