Monday, February 28, 2011

dirt



Have you ever thought about dirt?

Yesterday, I was doing laundry,and I got to thinking about dirt. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE laundry. Really, I do. I love that it is an easy task, it relatively quick, and it smells great when it is done. I don't love putting the clean laundry away, but a few deep sniffs of clean laundry makes the putting away go pretty quickly.

Anyway, dirt. I like to not wear shoes, and often have dirty feet. Not yesterday in particular, but still. And then there are the "dirts" we get on our clothes. As the ladies I eat lunch with will heartily attest to, I spill on myself all the time. Often I go to do laundry and have to pre-treat a spill.

Then there are dirty dishes. These I REALLY do not like. I take care of them, but not always in the timliest of manners...

How do we get so dirty? How do I start off clean EVERY SINGLE MORNING, and still end the day dirty? How does my house get so dirty, with not much living in it? Are we generally dirty, and have to work at getting clean? Is the rest of my life going to be spend getting clean?

Do you see yourself as mostly clean with just a little dirt? Or mostly dirty, and just barely getting clean sometimes?

Have you ever thought about dirt?

Aren't you glad that when God looks at you, He doesn't see all of your dirt?
K

No comments:

Post a Comment