Friday, October 21, 2011

where has the courtesy gone?

I witnessed the saddest thing today. I went to pick up some dinner, and was standing off to the side waiting for part of my order to be ready. I stood there and watched several people pay, and then sit down to eat. One of these ladies paid for a bottle of seasoning to take home and then proceeded to walk off with her dinner, leaving that bottle behind. The cashier kindly said something, but the customer didn't hear her. After a minute, the cashier had a break between customers, and so she picked up the forgotten bottle of seasoning and dashed out to the ladies table and delivered it to her. The lady's response:

"Oh. My bottle."

No "thank you", not even a "thanks". I watched her for a minute, waiting to see if she realized  what she'd done and then maybe she would say thank you to the cashier that went out of her way to bring her the bottle. Nope. She continued right on with her conversation.

How sad is that???

I just shook my head. I thought about saying something to the lady, but she was with her whole family and I didn't want to cause a scene. But if I ever do that, I hope someone calls me on it.

What has this world come to?
K

No comments:

Post a Comment