Thursday, September 13, 2012

joy

Today in 3rd grade music, we listened to Rhapsody in Blue. Previously I read the story of George Gershwin, and how he wrote Rhapsody in Blue.

But today we listened. To the WHOLE thing.

Boy oh boy, do I LOVE that music! It makes me simply happy inside.

After class was over, I walked down to the office, and I was singing the tune the whole length of the hallway. I said to my classes that this song makes me want to sing along. But there's no words!

One of them said, "well, make up some words!"

I just love how after listening to 15 minutes of music, I was happy. Light, refreshed, and joyful. Full of joy.

Isn't it amazing how a piece of music can do that?
Shouldn't we take advantage of that more often? Pop a CD into the player and become joyful!
What a gift...
K

No comments:

Post a Comment