Tuesday, September 18, 2012

on being a certain age

Well, today is my birthday.

And currently I am wearing a hot pink headband/tiara that says "happy birthday".
It has been a very happy day. :)

And my birthday today is a big one - for I am turning a milestone age. One of my co-workers gave me a card that says "Happy ___th Birthday! Welcome to my side of the hill. The grass is pretty green here!"

So on this, the celebration of my birth so, so many days ago, I reflect on the life I have now.

I am so grateful for my family. This morning my sister and 2 nephews and the girl that carpools with them brought me balloons and presents and cards and sang Happy Birthday in the hall at school. It was a happy way to start the day!

I am grateful for my parents. My mom texted me "Happy Birthday" today. A nice message, but also nice that she actually texted! :)

I am grateful for my job. I work with awesome people and am so lucky to love my job so much. The Spanish teacher has kids right before me, and has told them all day that today is my birthday and that they should sing.

I am grateful for my ministry. Sunday night at Youth Group, Hannah and I stood up to be sung to. The boy's rendition of Happy Birthday was SO awful that it was fun, and made me smile much.

I am grateful for my life. Yes, it might not be EXACTLY as I would choose, but I am the most blessed person ever. I hope I have this many years again.
K

1 comment:

  1. Kerri, Happy Birthday...belated by a day! Hope it was happier than Jeff's. He got to come home from work and sit the girls because Kelly was so sick.

    ReplyDelete