Friday, March 25, 2011

spring break



This week has been Spring Break for the school in which I teach, and I have decided that Spring Break (as it shall be known from here on out) is so important that it deserves capitals.

To say that I have been pretty quiet this week could be an understatement. I would characterize this week as "sheer laziness". It has been lovely...

Now, in my defense, I have had at least one thing planned each day, and this required me to get out of bed (albeit NOT in a timely manner) and shower and get dressed and presentable to go out in public. Tuesday I went bowling with my 2 nephews and my mom, and then we went out to lunch. Great fun, if I do say so myself. Nana was the big winner, with a 133, and I just cracked 100, and the boys didn't quite make it that far. But we all still had a great time. Wednesday was Chorale rehearsal, and I signed up to make snacks, so I went to the store and then came home to prepare chicken salad sandwiches before going to rehearsal that night.

The main thing, the big thing, the thing to focus on about this week was not necessarily the "spring" part, but the "break" part. Don't misunderstand me - I RELISH the springing of spring. I love spring colors, I love to look for the blooming of flowers and budding of trees. I love the nice weather. Spring is in a tie for my favorite season, right up there with fall.

But the thing I have enjoyed most this week is the break. The rest. The margin. The setting aside of the schedule. The living without an alarm clock. No needing to keep a list to make sure I get all of my list done for today.

I have relished the break this week, and am so grateful.
K

2 comments:

  1. Good for you getting to break and relax this week, we all need to remember to do that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!! We actually breaked this spring break and it was amazingly wonderful. Sometimes you just need to not be doing! Hope you found enough rejuvenation to get you through to the end of school! I, for one, am on a count down!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete