Thursday, June 21, 2012

flexibility

I have discovered that I am not very flexible. OK, I am flexible, but not flexible ENOUGH.

No, I'm not talking about Yoga-type flexible. Though, I am less yoga-type flexible than I used to be when I was younger.

I'm talking about attitude-type flexible.

You see, I am not a laid-back, easy-going type person. I truly aspire to be, but it is not in my nature. I WANT to be go-with-the-flow. I WANT to be that person that  isn't bothered by anything. But, alas, I am not like that. I am at heart a Type A, control-freak kind of a person.

But I am trying.

I am really trying to be more flexible. I am praying for God to give me flexibility. I am praying that I am more able to roll with the punches, and able to adjust as needed. Because this week I think I will need it.

I am going on a work trip with church, and there is NO TELLING what is going to happen. But it is my prayer that God uses this trip in me to make me a better person, and to make me a more flexible person. Oh, I KNOW He is going to work.

I'm just praying that He works in me too.

Here's to flexing. :)
K

1 comment:

  1. How interesting that you wrote this post before the trip. . .then you were tested. . .I love journaling for this reason -- we can see how far we've come as people, in our faith, etc. I would have to say flexibility is a problem for me too. . .

    ReplyDelete