Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Thankful: Day 1

I feel SO together!

TODAY I realized that this is November, and that last year (or the year before, or the year before that...) I did 30 Thankful days with my friend Dawn. And in that moment I decided that I would be thankful again! :) Really I am thankful lots, but you know what I mean.

Today I am thankful for my students. I got several precious first grade hugs yesterday, and it made me realize how much I love what I do. For those of you that don't know me, I am an elementary music teacher. So every day, I have 12 classes of elementary kids, ranging from 1st grade all the way through 6th grade. We sing, we play instruments, we learn about the orchestra. We learn about and listen to the great composers. (I LOVE Beethoven, BTW.)

Those sweet little First Grade hugs as they came to and went from class made me remember how sweet it is to be loved by lots of little people.

Not to mention the enthusiasm they had for singing "Skip to my Lou" and "She'll be Comin' 'Round the Mountain when she comes". TOP of their lungs. AND after we finished, they begged to do it ALL BY THEMSELVES. Who am I to say no? :)

Yesterday I went to the symphony with the whole 5th grade. It was an AWESOME field trip, and I LOVED it. What a great job I have when I get to go on field trips to the symphony!

So that's my first day of thankful.
And here's to 29 more, hopefully all bringing a smile to my face like today's thought of singing first graders did.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment