Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Days of Thankful: Day 21


Oh. My. Word.

Today I am SO thankful to be home safe.

This morning, my 15 minute drive to work took 45 minutes, was very sketchy and I slid on the ice. Twice.

This afternoon, it took about 35 minutes to get home, and I slid into my neighborhood.

I am thankful that I didn't wreck my car or myself in the process of driving in today's weather.

I am thankful my friend is OK - she had a car accident today and totaled her car.

I am NOT thankful that nobody called a snow delay...but that's another topic. :)

Right now, it is about 12 degrees outside, and I am warm and safe in my house.

And terribly thankful for that too. Tonight I'm pretty sure I will be thankful for the extra blanket on my bed.

And I think that Callie (the cat) will be thankful for the heating pad that is in her cat bed.

So much to be thankful for - God's blessings and mercies are everywhere.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment