Thursday, November 10, 2011

day 10 and a laugh





I have been really enjoying the thankfulness so far this month. I'm thinking about it more, and that means that I'm more aware of the blessings in my life. Thanks to my friend Dawn for the thankfulness challenge.

Today I'm thankful for a laugh. Specifically I'm thankful for a joke that one of my students told me. Not so much for the actual joke, though it IS funny.

I'm thankful that this particular student told me the joke, because we have not always gotten along. He doesn't like music class, and I'm fine with that. I don't like algebra. But I often have to talk to him because he will make fun of the songs we are singing, or refuse to participate. The bottom line is that we have had a rocky relationship for the past couple years.

But today he told me a joke. And it made me laugh out loud. I actually threw my head back and laughed. I'm grateful that he told me the joke, and that I honestly thought it was funny. I'm praying that this is a crack in the glacier that has been our past couple years.

So my thankfulness today is for that joke. And the smiles that came after it.

Oh yeah - the joke?

"What is the most common sound a pig makes?"

(Insert various guesses here: oink, squeal...)

...

Answer: "Sizzle"

K :)

2 comments:

  1. I can totally picture you throwing your head back and laughing at that joke, K. I bet it was a crack in that glacier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this I told someone that joke! I am terrible at telling jokes so it was fun to have one to tell! So happy for the time you shared today that was with laughter and not stress. :)

    ReplyDelete