Tuesday, November 22, 2011

day 22 nephews

Since this is month to be thankful, and because we have so much to be thankful for, I am linking up with my friend Dawn to collectively be thankful. Let the thanking begin!

Today I am thankful for my two nephews.

This morning we all went bowling.

This is them, watching the little one's ball to see what happens.

The little one is 3 and a half years old. The big one is 7. Both of them are fun. :) Most of the time.

No, we all did have fun this morning. Though because they slept over at Nana and Pop Pop's house last night, they didn't sleep as well as they might normally, so I would say there was a little crankiness going on. But we all had fun.

I'm thankful that I get to see them on a regular basis. I'm thankful that I was the older one's regular babysitter until he was about 4. I'm thankful that they get along with each other. Actually, I think they get along with each other better than my sister and I did growing up.

I'm thankful that we can all be a family, and when they say "family", I'm a part of that.

I thankful that the older one is enrolled in my school now, so I get to see him at least twice a week, and sometimes more.

I'm thankful that we all go to church together.

I'm thankful that we have such a good relationship - two years ago the older one and I flew out to GA all by ourselves to visit my Brother-In-Law's parents (Mimi and Grandpa). He stayed with them, and I visited friends. That was a really fun trip, and he is a great traveler. Toted his own little suitcase behind him, and even did fantastic getting on and off tons of escalators. Suitcase and all. 

So here's to little hands to hold, and little hugs.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment