Saturday, November 19, 2011

day 19 the shower

Since this is the month to be thankful, I'm linking up with my friend Dawn and being intentionally thankful all month.

Today, I am so thankful for my shower.

I just took a long, hot shower. It felt SO good! I'm just thankful that I have a shower, and hot water heater, and that they work so well together.

I've had lots of cold showers in my life, and lots of times that I went without a shower, thus today's gratitude for the cleanliness.

Two summers ago, I went on a mission trip with the Youth Group, and that whole week I only had 1 shower. The rest of the week we all huddled up in the driveway of the church wearing our bathing suits and washed off with a garden hose. When I was in Mexico on a mission trip about 10 years ago, I had a shower each day in the "hotel", but it wasn't warm at all. And the water pressure was kind of iffy. And for almost a whole semester in college, our water heater was broken, and they couldn't seem to keep it working. I took LOTS of cold showers then. And they were short too! Cold water sure makes the time go faster!

So today, I'm thankful for my shower. It was hot, and relaxing, and now I smell good.
I think this is a blessing that some people do not enjoy on a regular basis. So I am thankful.
K

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are reminding us to be thankful for the everyday things we take for granted. I will be thankful in the morning when I take my shower too. :0)

    ReplyDelete